Thursday, December 13, 2007

Channeling

“It was okay. I understand.” The voice sounded sweet but felt thick as it passed through my throat. Tears sprung to the eyes of my guest as she heard the words. Feet flat on the floor, I struggled to give up control but it was making me nauseous. I felt like her, soft and gentle, but foreign. The cotton cloud that covered me started to spread. My guest accepted the process but I struggled. She looked at me as if I was the person speaking and I panicked, shaking off the voice and the feeling and rushing back into myself.

Psychic exploration can be scary. The surviving question is whether or not something really happened or whether the person is just crazy. The symptoms are eerily alike. The best way to decided is to have witnesses. Verifiable data. Even then, who's to say it wasn't wishful thinking. There is a compelling need to know what exists beyond our senses and the excitement of gaining proof that there is more sometimes allows people to ignore probabilities.

The experiences I've had that push the boundaries of generally accepted reality are scary enough that I somehow manage to forget they happened until someone else brings it up. Not keen to be known as 'the freak,' though I would like to think of myself as unique, sometimes it is better just to see it as a game than to look for meaning or messages. If it is my job to make other people feel more sane then, so mote it be.

No comments: